Monday, October 28, 2013
FINISH THAT THOUGHT #17
So...our last contest before NaNoWriMo begins... Let's get those fingers warmed up and those brains chugging!
First, I need some help deciding what would be best for you all. I need to know how NaNo will affect each of you in November in terms of this flash contest. The two options I'm considering are:
1) Business as usual - including winners judging the following week.
2) Writing Prompts minus the judging - giving you the option of adding the sentence into your WIP or writing a separate flash piece for freshness. (This option would give this weeks winner judging duty the first week of December)
Please leave me a comment so I know how to proceed next week...maybe I'm the only one of us doing NaNo this year??? :)
Anyway, we all know NaNo will be all rainbows and puppies and cupcakes with sprinkles...so I'm ready to read about something that may not be as sweet as expected. ;) GO WRITE!
If you need to read the full version of the rules, go here. Otherwise, here's the short version:
1. Up to 500 words
2. Keep it clean (nothing rated R or above)
3. Start with the given first sentence.
4. Optional Special Challenge
5. Include Twitter/email, word count, Special Challenge accepted
6. The challenge is open for 24 hours on Tuesday EST
Oh, and feel free to change pronouns, punctuation, tense, and anything in brackets to fit the story/pov/tone. I'm not going to be TOO picky... Our judge however...
Our Judge today is Christy Shorey also known as @weylyn42. Read her winning tale from last week here!
Your first sentence for FINISH THAT THOUGHT #17 is:
"What, did you think it was going to be all rainbows and puppies?"
Note: the punctuation can ABSOLUTELY change as long as all the words are in the right order.
Your SPECIAL CHALLENGE from the judge is:
Include a mythical creature and a holiday.
AAAAAAAND WE'RE OFF!!!