Monday, October 14, 2013
FINISH THAT THOUGHT #15
I'm TOTALLY breaking the rules today! I couldn't help it. I'm making an exception. I created this to be a first sentence prompt flash fiction contest, and you only get a dependent clause today. It still has to be in the beginning, but it's not a complete sentence. You really are finishing the thought today! I can't wait to read what you come up with!
If you need to read the full version of the rules, go here. Otherwise, here's the short version:
1. Up to 500 words, any genre
2. Keep it clean (nothing rated R or above)
3. Start with the given first sentence. (or, you know, dependent clause...)
4. Optional Special Challenge
5. Include Twitter/email, word count, Special Challenge accepted
6. The challenge is open for 24 hours on Tuesday EST
Oh, and feel free to change pronouns, punctuation, tense, and anything in brackets to fit the story/pov/tone. I'm not going to be TOO picky... Our judge however...
Our Judge today is Neil Solanki, also known as @NeilJSolanki. Go check out his blog here. Read his winning tale from last week here!
Your first sentence(ish) for FINISH THAT THOUGHT #15 is:
When the moon exploded...
Your SPECIAL CHALLENGE from the judge is:
Integrate a window washer from a large metropolitan area.
AAAAAAAND WE'RE OFF!!!