Welcome back! Thanks for joining us today. Go check out the prompts and write us something amazing! :)
If you haven't read the full version of the rules, go here. Otherwise, here's the short version:
1. Start with the given first sentence.
2. Up to 500 words
3. Keep it clean (nothing rated R or above)
4. Optional Special Challenge
5. Stories submitted must be your own work, using characters and worlds that you have created. Sorry, no fanfiction.
6. Include: Twitter/email, word count, Special Challenge accepted
7. The challenge is open for 24 hours on Tuesday EST
Oh, and feel free to change pronouns, punctuation, tense, and anything in brackets to fit the story/pov/tone. I'm not going to be TOO picky... Our judge however...
Our Judge today is Pratibha Kelapure. Read her winning tale from last week here! Pratibha is a writer and poet. She is the founding editor of The Literary Nest journal. In her previous life, she served the Silicon Valley as a VLSI Software Engineer. Other than that she is a wife, mother, and a community volunteer.
Your first sentence for FINISH THAT THOUGHT #2-50 is:
[Thomas] flinched when [he] first laid eyes on the [male lead] with the physique of a Greek god for the role of [the prisoner].
Your SPECIAL CHALLENGE from the judge is:
Use any two of these elements in your story: an amusement park, a skyscraper, a tower-bell, an umbrella.
AAAAAAAND WE'RE OFF!!!