CELEBRATE GOOD TIMES, C'MON!!! It's year three for Finish That Thought!!!!! :) This has been a wild and crazy two years, and I'm glad you all still want to come and play. If you're new here or if you've been around since the beginning, welcome. Thanks for stopping by. Go check out the prompts and get writing!
If you haven't read the full version of the rules, go here. Otherwise, here's the short version:
1. Start with the given first sentence.
2. Up to 500 words
3. Keep it clean (nothing rated R or above)
4. Optional Special Challenge
5. Stories submitted must be your own work, using characters and worlds that you have created. Sorry, no fanfiction.
6. Include: Twitter/email, word count, Special Challenge accepted
7. The challenge is open for 24 hours on Tuesday EST
Oh, and feel free to change pronouns, punctuation, tense, and anything in brackets to fit the story/pov/tone. I'm not going to be TOO picky... Our judge however...
Our Judge today is Sheba AJ. Read her tale from last week here! Sheba is a sometimes writer, whenever she gets a bright idea or two about life, music, politics, science, or self improvement. She's been known to pour out her indignation on Facebook, Twitter (@ShebaAJ) and her blog (www.agarwal.nl). Hat tip = Quote science at her to convince her.
Your first sentence for FINISH THAT THOUGHT #3-1 is:
Stumbling out of the [pub/concert/etc], [s]he noticed blearily that [s]he was missing [at least one shoe/her(his) favorite hat/an arm etc].
Your SPECIAL CHALLENGE from the judge is:
Include any of the following words: toad, The Sopranos, fish tank, salt, supernatural. Bonus points if you manage to use 'em all! :)
AAAAAAAND WE'RE OFF!!!