Welcome back! I can't believe March is almost over. I feel like the year just started. I'd really love to stop time so I can get a few things done. (Of course, I'd have to stop it when I wasn't at work and after the kids had gone to sleep for the night...) Anyway, hopefully you can find/make the time to check out the prompt and write us a story! Have fun!
If you haven't read the full version of the rules, go here. Otherwise, here's the short version:
1. Start with the given first sentence. (Allowable alterations listed below)
2. Up to 500 words
3. Keep it clean (nothing rated R or above)
4. Optional Special Challenge
5. Stories submitted must be your own work, using characters and worlds that you have created. Sorry, no fanfiction.
6. Include: Twitter/email, word count, Special Challenge accepted
7. The challenge is open for 24 hours on Tuesday EST
Oh, and feel free to change pronouns, punctuation, tense, and anything in brackets to fit the story/pov/tone. I'm not going to be TOO picky... Our judge however...
Our Judge today is DB Foy. Read her winning tale from last week here! Foy S. Iver is an aspiring author, poet, and flash fictioneer. She enjoys reading the dark and twisted but every vulture needs gliding in sunlight so feel free to express unremitting joy. This very moment (as far as you know) she’s pounding away on the keyboard trying to get 4 stories and a novel to cooperate. She lives in the Shenandoah Valley but in her dreams, she’s climbing the Blue Ridge Mountains. Follow her on Twitter (@fs_iver) and keep up with her journey on the website (http://www.foyiver.com/).
Your first sentence for FINISH THAT THOUGHT #2-39 is:
This was neither the [time] nor the [place] for his [antics].
Your SPECIAL CHALLENGE from the judge is:
Sneak an emotion-noun combo into the story (example: "angry waffles"). Bonus points if you give me more than one.
AAAAAAAND WE'RE OFF!!!