Friday, January 25, 2013

The Gargoyle

My first ever entry into the Flash!Friday micro fiction contest! (It's week 8 already!)This is run (in part or whole - I'm not really sure) by my fabulous friend Rebekah Postupak (@postupak)! It's very hard for me to write SO STINKIN' SHORT, but I gave it my best (and chopped like crazy!). The rules asked for a 75 word story based on the following picture...give or take 5 words... I made it in 78. SCORE! :)


gargoyle




“I can see all of Paris from here!” Jean grasped the gargoyle and leaned forward.

“Jean, that death grip you have on his horn might make him angry.”

 “He’s just stone, Anton” Jean rapped his knuckles on the gargoyle’s head, “Falling is much more terrifying than he is!”

“THINK AGAIN.” The gargoyle turned.

Jean was devoured within minutes.

“I REALLY HATE IT WHEN THEY GRAB MY HORN. IT’S THE ONLY ONE I HAVE LEFT.”

“I did warn him.”

2 comments:

  1. Love it! I might have to try that Flash Fiction one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are lots of flash fiction sights I visit. They're fun! You should totally join me! :)

      Delete