WOOHOO!!! It's May and I'm an Aunt again! My amazing baby sister had her second beautiful baby girl on Friday! I do love spring, but now I can't wait for summer and the ability to go see her! I hope you are all enjoying spring as much as I am. Go have fun with the prompt!
If you haven't read the full version of the rules, go here. Otherwise, here's the short version:
1. Start with the given first sentence. (Allowable alterations listed below)
2. Up to 500 words
3. Keep it clean (nothing rated R or above)
4. Optional Special Challenge
5. Stories submitted must be your own work, using characters and worlds that you have created. Sorry, no fanfiction.
6. Include: Twitter/email, word count, Special Challenge accepted
7. The challenge is open for 24 hours on Tuesday EST
Oh, and feel free to change pronouns, punctuation, tense, and anything in brackets to fit the story/pov/tone. I'm not going to be TOO picky... Our judge however...
Our Judge today is DB Foy. Read her winning tale from last week here! Foy S. Iver is an aspiring author, poet, and flash fictioneer. She enjoys reading the dark and twisted but every vulture needs gliding in sunlight so feel free to express unremitting joy. This very moment (as far as you know) she’s pounding away on the keyboard trying to get 4 stories and a novel to cooperate. She lives in the Shenandoah Valley but in her dreams, she’s climbing the Blue Ridge Mountains. Follow her on Twitter (@fs_iver) and keep up with her journey on the website (http://www.foyiver.com/).
Your first sentence for FINISH THAT THOUGHT #2-44 is:
[I] didn't know who [he] was, but [he] was definitely not my [husband].
Your SPECIAL CHALLENGE from the judge is:
Pull off a twist ending.
AAAAAAAND WE'RE OFF!!!