Welcome back! A little note of clarification as well as a new addition to the rules happened this week. I'm mentioning it here just in case you're one of those people who have read the rules over and over and don't bother anymore. The 500 word limit is exclusive of title for any who were wondering. Also, we will allow you to post more than one story, but only one will be judged. Please indicate which one you want judged if you post more than one, or the first one you post will be assumed your entry. Clear as mud? Good. Go check out the prompt and have at it!
If you haven't read the full version of the rules, go here. Otherwise, here's the short version:
1. Start with the given first sentence. (Allowable alterations listed below)
2. Up to 500 words (exclusive of title)
3. Keep it clean (nothing rated R or above)
4. Optional Special Challenge
5. Stories submitted must be your own work, using characters and worlds that you have created. Sorry, no fanfiction.
6. Include: Twitter/email, word count, Special Challenge accepted
7. The challenge is open for 24 hours on Tuesday EST
8. Only one entry judged per round. If you write/post more than one story, you need to indicate which you would like judged. If you fail to indicate, it will be the first one posted.
Oh, and feel free to change pronouns, punctuation, tense, and anything in brackets to fit the story/pov/tone. I'm not going to be TOO picky... Our judge however...
Our Judge today is Ashley Gardana. Read her winning tale from last week here! Ashley Gardana spends her time writing short fiction, poetry, fanfic and wrestling with a novel. She always loved writing, even when "forced" to apply that love to countless hours of academic papers. Then she found NaNoWriMo in 2012 and started indulging her desire to write fiction everyday. Nothing's been the same since! She currently resides in DC. Follow her @agardana09 and check out her blog on asgardana.wordpress.com
Your first sentence for FINISH THAT THOUGHT #2-45 is:
[I] had not felt this way for a long time, but then again it had been a while since [I had returned home].
Your SPECIAL CHALLENGE from the judge is:
Incorporate one of the four seasons into the setting.
AAAAAAAND WE'RE OFF!!!