Welcome back! So sorry again about last week, but we're here this week and raring to go! We hope you are too! Go read the prompt and write something amazing! :)
If you haven't read the full version of the rules, go here. Otherwise, here's the short version:
1. Start with the given first sentence. (Allowable alterations listed below)
2. Up to 500 words (exclusive of title)
3. Keep it clean (nothing rated R or above)
4. Optional Special Challenge
5. Stories submitted must be your own work, using characters and worlds that you have created. Sorry, no fanfiction.
6. Include: Twitter/email, word count, Special Challenge accepted
7. The challenge is open for 24 hours on Tuesday EST
8. Only one entry judged per round. If you write/post more than one story, you need to indicate which you would like judged. If you fail to indicate, it will be the first one posted.
9. Winner judges next round.
Oh, and feel free to change pronouns, punctuation, tense, and anything in brackets to fit the story/pov/tone. I'm not going to be TOO picky... Our judge however...
Our Judge today is Patrick Stahl. Read his winning tale from last week here! Patrick Stahl is a freshman Creative Writing major (French minor) at the University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown. He dabbles in speculative fiction and Protestant ministry. Patrick aspires to become an editor or publisher of SF/F/H. He spends his free time playing the mandolin, reading, writing, and watching television (to bolster his writing skills, of course). His blog can be found at intotheravenousmaw.blogspot.com, and his Twitter handle is @patrickjstahl.
Your first sentence for FINISH THAT THOUGHT #3-29 is:
If [he] knew how much [he] meant to [me], [he] would probably think [I] was really weird.
Your SPECIAL CHALLENGE from the judge is:
Show both points of view, either by making the story consist of multiple scenes or by hopping heads in-scene.
AAAAAAAND WE'RE OFF!!!