Before we move on to the contest, here is your gentle reminder: Valentine's Day is on Saturday; plan accordingly. Now that my PSA is out of the way, we can move our focus to today's prompt. Have at it! (And have fun!)
If you haven't read the full version of the rules, go here. Otherwise, here's the short version:
1. Start with the given first sentence.
2. Up to 500 words
3. Keep it clean (nothing rated R or above)
4. Optional Special Challenge
5. Stories submitted must be your own work, using characters and worlds that you have created. Sorry, no fanfiction.
6. Include: Twitter/email, word count, Special Challenge accepted
7. The challenge is open for 24 hours on Tuesday EST
Oh, and feel free to change pronouns, punctuation, tense, and anything in brackets to fit the story/pov/tone. I'm not going to be TOO picky... Our judge however...
Our Judge today is Holly Geely also known as @hollygeely. Read her winning tale from last week here! Check out her website here. Holly has been under the influence of fantasy and science fiction since she was young. She is a fan of bad puns and bright colours. If she's not cackling her way through a ridiculous story, she might be found playing video games or saving the world from evil (probably the first one).
Your first sentence for FINISH THAT THOUGHT #2-32 is:
Your SPECIAL CHALLENGE from the judge is:
A non-human protagonist
AAAAAAAND WE'RE OFF!!!