Welcome back! I won't take up your time reading a bazillion words from me. If you're like me, you're doing NaNo...and you need to spend your time writing. :) Go check out the prompt and take a break with something completely different from your NaNo project, or just use the line in your project somewhere to get things moving. Have fun!
If you haven't read the full version of the rules, go here. Otherwise, here's the short version:
1. Start with the given first sentence.
2. Up to 500 words
3. Keep it clean (nothing rated R or above)
4. Optional Special Challenge
5. Stories submitted must be your own work, using characters and worlds that you have created. Sorry, no fanfiction.
6. Include: Twitter/email, word count, Special Challenge accepted
7. The challenge is open for 24 hours on Tuesday EST
Oh, and feel free to change pronouns, punctuation, tense, and anything in brackets to fit the story/pov/tone. I'm not going to be TOO picky... Our judge however...
Our Judge today is Michael Simko. Read his winning tale from last week here! Michael is a story teller who writes novels, shorts, and dabbles in flash fiction. He's a father of two, a lover of storms, and works as an engineer and instructor. He is a regular contributor to writingwenches.com (he's the barkeep). He can be found on Twitter at @MichaelSimko1.
Your first sentence for FINISH THAT THOUGHT #2-18 is:
Your SPECIAL CHALLENGE from the judge is:
Incorporate at least THREE spices.
AAAAAAAND WE'RE OFF!!!