Welcome! Thanks for joining us! I'm attempting to finish the first draft of the novel I'm working on for NaNo and I may be able to do it. I won't hit 50K, but I love how NaNo pushes me and the community encourages me. I may never "win" NaNo, but I'm a winner - every year. Plus, I still have a week. Go check out the prompt, and keep writing!
If you haven't read the full version of the rules, go here. Otherwise, here's the short version:
1. Start with the given first sentence. (Allowable alterations listed below)
2. Up to 500 words (exclusive of title)
3. Keep it clean (nothing rated R or above)
4. Optional Special Challenge
5. Stories submitted must be your own work, using characters and worlds that you have created. Sorry, no fanfiction.
6. Include: Twitter/email, word count, Special Challenge accepted
7. The challenge is open for 24 hours on Tuesday EST
8. Only one entry judged per round. If you write/post more than one story, you need to indicate which you would like judged. If you fail to indicate, it will be the first one posted.
9. Winner judges next round.
Oh, and feel free to change pronouns, punctuation, tense, and anything in brackets to fit the story/pov/tone. I'm not going to be TOO picky... Our judge however...
Our Judge today is Geoff Holme. Read his tale from last week here! Geoff is semi-retired, insofar as he does not have any paid employment. So he spends far too much time writing flash fiction which he discovered in September 2014. He lives in West Sussex, UK and is reachable on Twitter (@GeoffHolme)
Your first sentence for FINISH THAT THOUGHT #3-21 is:
It was all in [the timing]; something like this was bound to [come out] sooner or later.
Your SPECIAL CHALLENGE from the judge is:
Include the names of two or more winners of Academy Award for Best Picture.
AAAAAAAND WE'RE OFF!!!