WOOHOO!!! First I want to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my oldest. She's nine years old today! How did she get so big??? It happens so fast (though I'm the first to admit to the eternity some of those days took to pass...) ;) Hug your dear ones close in honor of another birthday! Then go check out this week's prompt and write something fantastic! :)
If you haven't read the full version of the rules, go here. Otherwise, here's the short version:
1. Start with the given first sentence.
2. Up to 500 words
3. Keep it clean (nothing rated R or above)
4. Optional Special Challenge
5. Stories submitted must be your own work, using characters and worlds that you have created. Sorry, no fanfiction.
6. Include: Twitter/email, word count, Special Challenge accepted
7. The challenge is open for 24 hours on Tuesday EST
Oh, and feel free to change pronouns, punctuation, tense, and anything in brackets to fit the story/pov/tone. I'm not going to be TOO picky... Our judge however...
Our Judge today is Dylyce Clarke. Read her tale from last week here! Dylyce is a retired lover of rain on the roof, waves on a Florida beach and writing flash fiction. She's had two stories accepted by Splickety Publishing Group this year. Dylyce can often be found doing cross-stitch alphabet samplers because she just loves letters. Connect with her on facebook here.
Your first sentence for FINISH THAT THOUGHT #3-3 is:
The [lonely] woman stood staring at [the sea] before kicking [off her shoes] and running [toward her destiny].
Your SPECIAL CHALLENGE from the judge is:
Include a deadly creature of the deep that DOESN'T arrive to the sound of ta-dump, ta-dump, tadumptadumptadump. :-)
AAAAAAAND WE'RE OFF!!!