Yet another week has passed before I realized it. I think time is speeding up... Someone should check on that. While they're checking, you have a story to write (which still has to be in before midnight Tuesday night/Wednesday morning even if time IS moving faster....). So go read the prompt and get your brains working!
If you haven't read the full version of the rules, go here. Otherwise, here's the short version:
1. Start with the given first sentence.
2. Up to 500 words
3. Keep it clean (nothing rated R or above)
4. Optional Special Challenge
5. Stories submitted must be your own work, using characters and worlds that you have created. Sorry, no fanfiction.
6. Include: Twitter/email, word count, Special Challenge accepted
7. The challenge is open for 24 hours on Tuesday EST
Oh, and feel free to change pronouns, punctuation, tense, and anything in brackets to fit the story/pov/tone. I'm not going to be TOO picky... Our judge however...
Our Judge today is Jamie Hershberger. Also known as @JamieRHersh. Read her winning tale from last week here! Check out her blog here. Jamie re-discovered her love of writing through participation in 2012's National Novel Writing Month. She has participated (and won) the contest every year, since. She is currently seeking representation for her NA novel, "It Takes Moxie", has a sequel to it in revision. Jamie's non-writing activities include homeschooling her three adorable children and volunteering as a Ministry Expansion Lead for American Heritage Girls.
Your first sentence for FINISH THAT THOUGHT #2-8 is:
I'm sorry, [sir], but I believe that's [my] [suitcase].
Your SPECIAL CHALLENGE from the judge is:
Include a secret recipe.
AAAAAAAND WE'RE OFF!!!