Monday, January 20, 2014
FINISH THAT THOUGHT #29
WooHoo! Another week, another prompt, another opportunity for you to show us what you've got! As always: have fun, good luck, and challenge yourself. Have at you! :)
If you need to read the full version of the rules, go here. Otherwise, here's the short version:
1. Up to 500 words
2. Keep it clean (nothing rated R or above)
3. Start with the given first sentence.
4. Optional Special Challenge
5. Include Twitter/email, word count, Special Challenge accepted
6. The challenge is open for 24 hours on Tuesday EST
Oh, and feel free to change pronouns, punctuation, tense, and anything in brackets to fit the story/pov/tone. I'm not going to be TOO picky... Our judge however...
Our Judge today is Eric Martell also known as @drmagoo. Check out his blog here. Read his winning tale from last week here!
Your first sentence for FINISH THAT THOUGHT #29 is:
The gate still squeaked.
Your SPECIAL CHALLENGE from the judge is:
Tell your story without using dialog.
AAAAAAAND WE'RE OFF!!!