Welcome! We're glad you could join us for the fun this week! If you haven't, make sure you check out the rules. Otherwise, go read the prompts and get writing! :)
If you haven't read the full version of the rules, go here. Otherwise, here's the short version:
1. Start with the given first sentence.
2. Up to 500 words
3. Keep it clean (nothing rated R or above)
4. Optional Special Challenge
5. Stories submitted must be your own work, using characters and worlds that you have created. Sorry, no fanfiction.
6. Include: Twitter/email, word count, Special Challenge accepted
7. The challenge is open for 24 hours on Tuesday EST
Oh, and feel free to change pronouns, punctuation, tense, and anything in brackets to fit the story/pov/tone. I'm not going to be TOO picky... Our judge however...
Our Judge today is Danielle Donaldson. Read her winning tale from last week here! Danielle writes from Southern California where she lives with her husband and young son. In addition to currently being a human incubator and body host to her second son, she uses her afternoons and rare spare moments to write young adult and contemporary romance. Her poems and short stories have been published in various literary magazines. She has an upcoming paranormal romance novella release this Halloween. Keep up with her work on Twitter @WriterDonaldson or WriterDanielleDonaldson.com.
Your first sentence for FINISH THAT THOUGHT #3-12 is:
"[I] practically died."
Your SPECIAL CHALLENGE from the judge is:
Include a theme or aspect of romance and/or someone on a carousel. ;)
AAAAAAAND WE'RE OFF!!!