WOOHOO!!! Welcome back for another round! It's so hard to believe that we're a month away from the end of our second year of FTT. Where did the time go? How is that even possible? Well, they say time flies when you're having fun... I guess we've been having a blast! Go check out the prompt and write something awesome. :)
If you haven't read the full version of the rules, go here. Otherwise, here's the short version:
1. Start with the given first sentence. (Allowable alterations listed below)
2. Up to 500 words (exclusive of title)
3. Keep it clean (nothing rated R or above)
4. Optional Special Challenge
5. Stories submitted must be your own work, using characters and worlds that you have created. Sorry, no fanfiction.
6. Include: Twitter/email, word count, Special Challenge accepted
7. The challenge is open for 24 hours on Tuesday EST
8. Only one entry judged per round. If you write/post more than one story, you need to indicate which you would like judged. If you fail to indicate, it will be the first one posted.
Oh, and feel free to change pronouns, punctuation, tense, and anything in brackets to fit the story/pov/tone. I'm not going to be TOO picky... Our judge however...
Our Judge today is Steph Ellis. Read her winning tale from last week here! Steph writes flash, short stories (usually horror), poetry and has a novel lurking in the background. She has had some stories published in various anthologies and magazines and a few more a scheduled for release this year. She loves being part of the flash community and is proud to have been included in the upcoming Flash Dogs charity anthology, due out in the summer. She can be found at The Darkness is My Playground ... and on twitter @el_Stevie. The Flash Dogs can be found at http://theflashdogs.com/. Check them out.
Your first sentence for FINISH THAT THOUGHT #2-48 is:
Flames curled round the letter's edge, its message vanishing in the fire.
Your SPECIAL CHALLENGE from the judge is:
Include an umbrella. (only because it rained today on the way to the dentist and I got absolutely soaked!)
AAAAAAAND WE'RE OFF!!!