Welcome! I hope the first third of the year has treated you well. (It'll be May this week! What?!?!?) I'm looking forward to planting a few things in the garden and enjoying pleasant days outside. What are you looking forward to? Well, whatever it is, I hope there's not a police officer involved... Go check out the prompt and have fun! :)
If you haven't read the full version of the rules, go here. Otherwise, here's the short version:
1. Start with the given first sentence.
2. Up to 500 words
3. Keep it clean (nothing rated R or above)
4. Optional Special Challenge
5. Stories submitted must be your own work, using characters and worlds that you have created. Sorry, no fanfiction.
6. Include: Twitter/email, word count, Special Challenge accepted
7. The challenge is open for 24 hours on Tuesday EST
Oh, and feel free to change pronouns, punctuation, tense, and anything in brackets to fit the story/pov/tone. I'm not going to be TOO picky... Our judge however...
Our Judge today is Geoff Le Pard also known as @geofflepard. Read his winning tale from last week here! Check out his website here. Geoff Le Pard writes, walks and cooks. The dog approves two of his current career choices. Geoff has given birth to one novel, a second is on its way and he hopes for a large family.
Your first sentence for FINISH THAT THOUGHT #2-43 is:
The [policeman] took off [his hat] as he said, "You should [sit down, sir]."
Your SPECIAL CHALLENGE from the judge is:
Include three Charles Dickens' book titles.
AAAAAAAND WE'RE OFF!!!