Monday, April 14, 2014
FINISH THAT THOUGHT #41
WELCOME BACK! I'm posting this last minute again (what is up with me lately???), so I won't beat around the bush. I certainly don't need to! There's fire! So go write about it! :)
If you need to read the full version of the rules, go here. Otherwise, here's the short version:
1. Up to 500 words
2. Keep it clean (nothing rated R or above)
3. Start with the given first sentence.
4. Optional Special Challenge
5. Include Twitter/email, word count, Special Challenge accepted
6. The challenge is open for 24 hours on Tuesday EST
Oh, and feel free to change pronouns, punctuation, tense, and anything in brackets to fit the story/pov/tone. I'm not going to be TOO picky... Our judge however...
Our Judge today is Caitlin Siem also known as @CaitlinStatus. Check out her blog here. Read her winning tale from last week here!
Your first sentence for FINISH THAT THOUGHT #41 is:
With every prod the fire crackled and danced, illuminating the night with vermillion flames.
Your SPECIAL CHALLENGE from the judge is:
Include a cliffhanger.
AAAAAAAND WE'RE OFF!!!