Saturday, October 13, 2012

Art Gallery

Here is my entry for Tuesday Tales over at Stevie McCoy's blog. This is a 100 word flash fiction contest. The prompt this week was the word Palter:

[PAWL-ter]-verb

To talk or act insincerely or deceitfully

1. To talk or act insincerely or deceitfully; lie or use trickery.

2. To bargain with; haggle.

3. To act carelessly; trifle

And the picture:

black-and-white-fashion-girl-photography-tattoos-Favimcom-456482_zps372798ce

Shocker of shockers: I won an Honorable Mention for this one too! Wow! It's been a great week for me! :) Enjoy!



I wiggled my foot to try to get it to stop aching from these stupid heels. My converse would have been much more practical – or better yet, no shoes at all. Why had I agreed to come? Sure, the paintings were beautiful, but I was tired of paltering to this crowd who would see symbolism in every nuance of every brushstroke. Sometimes a tree is just a tree. A beautiful tree, but a tree nonetheless. I watched from the corner as an older gentleman was trying to palter for a lower price. Cheapskate. Matthew beckoned me over. Right. For him.

No comments:

Post a Comment